Service Engine Light Still / Chirping from Right front engine Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey joey

thanks alot....well i may have my friend who used to be a lr mechanic check it out on the side.

actually the frequency of the light coming on know seems to be lessening.

i will let you know how i make out....

also received the s belt and tensioner. seems easy enough and will tackle this over the weekend....hope it solves my chirping!

thanks again for your help

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem, that is what fellow LR owners are for.... At least that is how I feel.

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Joey

I have to say, that the last Seafoam fix cured by ills. Its safe to say the sputtering has stipped now for several days, the engine light is off and the truck is riding perfectly. After blowing out the seafoam last week, I did not see as much (exhaust black carbon) residue from the previous hits given at the 5000/10000 mile hits before hand.

I hope the ride remains intact since the new tires Michelins Cross Terrains and the KYB Shocks really helped the ride tremendously. It navigated perfectly through some nasty snow just received (2ft in northern nj) . While the 275/55/18 are a bit oversized, they perform better on gas mileage than the pos goodyears 255/55/18. The shocks too are really good. Anyhow, heres to my Seafoam bath every 5000-10000 miles!

Thanks for your help

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked.... wish we had gotten that much snow here.... only 6 inches.

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Joey

Well I am happy again I suppose. I guess you have to resilient in the Rover world. I am still chirping to LR and now that I have a new S belt, replacement tranny with 11K, new Tom Woods drive shaft (things beefy) and some other new pulleys. Back to Vermont this weekend and expecting some decent snow so the timing is good.

Thanks again for the help. I will let you know what LR says.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM