Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I l
When we first acquired our LR4 I looked at those 20"ers and cringed. I consider myself a reasonable off-roader so a few weeks later they were gone. LR3 18" wheels, spacers and 285/60-18 General Grabber AT's were the replacement. Very happy with choice. Highway performance is good. Took the LR4 up Engineer's Pass on the Ouray side with confidence. Others were wondering why I was up there but she did well :)

Colorado is not flat and muddy. Most trails are smooth to sharp rocks and broken down granite. Even the dealer thinks the large rims are inappropriate for moderate trails.
I love the Alpine Loop, and Engineer is may favorite. Mineral Creek coming out of Ouray to Engineer is always a fun trail.

Fletcher27

Reaction score
I haven't had time to take her offload yet, but I am heading up to South Dakota next weekend so maybe there are some trails up there I can have some fun on!

IMG_0989.jpg

AnarchyAnt

Reaction score
When we first acquired our LR4 I looked at those 20"ers and cringed. I consider myself a reasonable off-roader so a few weeks later they were gone. LR3 18" wheels, spacers and 285/60-18 General Grabber AT's were the replacement. Very happy with choice. Highway performance is good. Took the LR4 up Engineer's Pass on the Ouray side with confidence. Others were wondering why I was up there but she did well :)

Colorado is not flat and muddy. Most trails are broken down granite to sharp rocks. Even the dealer thinks the large rims are inappropriate for moderate trails.

I will definitely swap them out at some point. I'll probably try to pick up the Compomotive 18s
before next year. Not sure on tires yet as 90% of my driving is on road and I am not sure I want to mess around too much. I also want to make sure my tires don't rub and can fit in the spare carrier. I like being able to do some off road, but I am not going to go crazy yet. I'm basically new to it.

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated!

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking truck!

I am not overly familiar with the newer '16s, but it looks like it is a Black Pack without black wheels? I see black mirror caps and side vents, which say Black Pack to me.. but the wheels don't jive. Are these things spec'd differently these days or did the dealer steal your black wheels? ;)

Enjoy the new ride! The last generation of a legend.

ThamesDitton

Reaction score
It's a 2016 landmark
or half a black pack ;) the wheels are fab you don't see it but they have sparkles in them. Ok it's a bit girly but I can live with that!

It's a good point maybe the stealer is selling my black alloys?

It really does feel like I got in just in time - the LR5 seems like a fantastic car... But not an iconic truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72