Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
0E74BF3F-A86D-495B-9224-6BB9299C13A4_zps3aoj45d1.jpg

Whoa. I've been on a hiatus for a while, but I came back to say damn, your rig looks great. Love the ARB w/ *****. Don't think you had it when last I looked.

Trekker

Reaction score
Did some exploring this weekend with the new 18" Compomotive rims and Goodyear DuraTrac tires 265/65R18. I'm very happy with both and love the look of my LR4 even more now!

DSCN0929_edited.jpg

DSCN0952_edited-001.jpg

DSCN0976_edited.jpg

DSC_7308_edited.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Trekker,

Looks awesome! The wheels/tires look great on your rig and very functional. I may have missed this before, but for the DuraTrecs, did you have to run lifted or do any trimming?

Oh, and great dog!

Regards, David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa. I've been on a hiatus for a while, but I came back to say damn, your rig looks great. Love the ARB w/ *****. Don't think you had it when last I looked.
I installed it a few months ago - thanks so much! :) It's coming along for sure........ Next up is the rear bumper.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some exploring this weekend with the new 18" Compomotive rims and Goodyear DuraTrac tires 265/65R18. I'm very happy with both and love the look of my LR4 even more now!

Hey Trekker

As you said a couple weeks ago... Now your truck is the exact twin of mine ;)
How do you like the DuraTracs. I love mine.
I'm gonna feed my dog more to look like yours but I'm not sure I can grow such a beard as yours.

Axel

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Trekker

As you said a couple weeks ago... Now your truck is the exact twin of mine ;)
How do you like the DuraTracs. I love mine.
I'm gonna feed my dog more to look like yours but I'm not sure I can grow such a beard as yours.

Axel
My Anatolian Shepherd looks a bit like Trekker's dog, but my greyhound is a bit lean. Hehe!!!

Also nice to see a rover guy with such a beard - I have a similar beard as well! :) The rover guys I know tend to like to shave. I haven't shaved in 15 years!!!!!!!!!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. It is time for me to come clean and admit that I am a wuss. :frown:

Ouray is awesome and I'm thoroughly enjoyed driving the LR4 there the past couple days. But I freak when it comes to narrow shelf roads. I applaud you guys who can do it. I don't seem to have an issue with narrow roads where the shelf isn't severe or if there is no one coming the other way. But I can't imagine doing Black Bear Pass (which was closed for repairs as it is in pretty rough shape and a Jeep rolled down it this weekend) or Imogene. We did Ophir but only the east side as I didn't want to deal with the narrow shelf road on the west side.

But we did find another wonderful road that parallels a section of Highway 550 between Ouray and Silverton. Awesome views across the valley at the mountains on the other side. Narrow and steep in some areas but easily doable. Brooklyn Road ( southern portion of the Red Mountain Mining Area trail in the Funtreks book).

Below is one pic from the top of Ophir Pass. The others are from Brooklyn Road. One of these is from the top where an old-ish Defender was parked. Colorado license. Looked like it might be someone from the Grand Junction area. Camel Trophy sticker on it. The driver was off hiking or climbing somewhere. In the other pic you can see, in the distance, what I believe are Ophir and Black Bear passes as they climb up from Highway 550.

Ouray 2014 (Canon) -3.jpg

Ouray 2014 (Canon) -4.jpg

Ouray 2014 -  1.jpg

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures are very pretty. We're thinking about heading there either this weekend (Sunday, Monday) or around the end of the month.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM