Sunroof Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. I am in the midst of final warranty repair visit this week, and will check for this issue today.

Sample pics referenced:

cracks-LR-03.jpg

cracks-LR-02.jpg

Last edited:

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine replaced twice under warranty.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TWICE??? That's scary; does that mean that the replacement parts are just as crappy as the original parts?

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a caveat to the cracks in the arms. Some of the cracks are (LR) factory accepted. It's up to the dealer to inspect the arms and determine if the arms need to be replaced. It's not uncommon to have small stress cracks in these arms.. (I think that sucks personally!) I did have mine replaced just once, although the cracks were pretty severe. They did release a revision to the original design of these rails.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, just went out and checked..mine are cracked. Well, ignorance WAS bliss. Wonderful design, I've used my sunroof about 10 times....

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TWICE??? That's scary; does that mean that the replacement parts are just as crappy as the original parts?

My first replacement was Jan '08 after owning the car for a year. Then in July '08, I noticed small cracks happening again, but the dealer said that was acceptable:confused:.
In Dec '08, I showed the cracks to a new service writer and he had it replaced with no hassel.

It has only been two months and so far no more cracks.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up Erek. I just checked, and have 4 or 5 cracks on each rail. Just in time, with only 7 weeks and 1100 miles remaining on warranty.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how the extended warranty guys will get out of this one. I suspect a little super glue in the cracks will help keep those cracks from spreading.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info. I just checked mine and found cracks. I am calling dealer today. Hope they replace mine under warranty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72