Sunroof Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from 2nd dealer (1st dealer said no fix under warranty unless it broke) and they said it's covered under warranty and ordered new parts.

It's amazing how service can be different from dealer to dealer. I will never go back to the first dealer.

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from 2nd dealer (1st dealer said no fix under warranty unless it broke) and they said it's covered under warranty and ordered new parts.

It's amazing how service can be different from dealer to dealer. I will never go back to the first dealer.

I found the service can be different with the service writers. Especially if they are new, they want to get an excellent rating on their feedback survey.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the service can be different with the service writers. Especially if they are new, they want to get an excellent rating on their feedback survey.

This can also depend on the dealerships warranty claim rate, and how LR rates them according to Warranty Claims.. too many warranty claims at a single dealership can be a bad thing...

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What gets me is that when I called 1st dealer they said "nothing we can do about it unless it broke or not working" right over the phone without looking at the problem :confused: This isn't the first time they disappointed me in similar manner. Now I have to drive over an hour to a new dealer but whatever takes, I will never go back to 1st dealer.

Sorry for the off topic.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are cracked. Will have to see if my ext. warrantee covers it. It is a non factory one

gatorbob

Reaction score
Had my dealer check the cracks on mine as I was bringing it in for service. SA says he has not seen before but they did order a new assembly to be installed next week.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a new twist...

The shop manager at the dealership I use told me the cracking in the arms are normal and is due to them being made from extremely hard plastic. According to him the cracks are present on some even when new. Now, ordinarily I'd call shena****ns, but this guy has been very honest and forthright with me in the past and I truly don't think he would lie to me just because he doesn't want to replace them.

Assume for a second he's right. Anyone check theirs after replacement? Anyone actually have a failure due to cracking?

I don't mind sparing a bit with the guy on issues but I want to be sure what I'm asking for is reasonable. Common sense tells me if its cracked it must have failed to serve it's purpose???

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um, just had mine replaced about a month ago...no cracks at all.

Of course, I had them replaced because it just didn't look right and a couple of the cracks had actually met in the middle.

jak167

Reaction score
Wow! Just checked mine and they are cracked as well! One crack is slightly displaced (one side higher than the other). Car was purchased and CPO's approx month ago. Guess they do not check for this issue with their illustrious 140 point inspection. :hmpf: So far dealer has been great, we will see how they handle this issue.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shop manager at the dealership I use told me the cracking in the arms are normal and is due to them being made from extremely hard plastic. According to him the cracks are present on some even when new. Now, ordinarily I'd call shena****ns, but this guy has been very honest and forthright with me in the past and I truly don't think he would lie to me just because he doesn't want to replace them.

This may be true. I remember reading over at the Disco3 forums that several new, straight from the company, sunroof rail arms already had cracks in them. Also, as far I know, these cracks have not led to any failure of the sunroof itself. Could just be one of the many "features" that are unique to the LR3.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72