Tire Styling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try wiggling it out again after a few hours of heat from the nearby exhaust has caused the air pressure in the tire to increase. You may find it's much harder to get the sucker to drop. That's the condition you will most likely need to work with should you ever need to replace a flat while on the road or on a trail, so definitely give it a good go in a "controlled environment". I couldn't get my 285/60/18 to release in my old Sport no matter what, unless I deflated it big time down to about 15-20 psi. Perhaps the well of the LR4 gives you a bit of extra wiggle room, though.

I do plan on driving it and then taking the temp of the tire near the exhaust and the air in the tire. I will most likely deflate it to make that less of a concern. I will carry a compressor with me. It's too bad that they didnt allow for more room under the car. I don't want to get a rear tire carrier or anything at this point. I think they look pretty nice, but I dont want to have to move a heavy tire to open the tailgates. My wife would hate that.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this post, mbw! Very helpful.

When I get my Compomotives, these tires are likely the route I am going, but still thinking about options.

I can't wait to see the wheels/tires mounted on the truck. At first I was wondering about the white lettering on the outside, but I really like it with your white truck. Since I have white too, I'd likely go that option too.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK first. what the hell jack do you guys own to work on this truck....

here is the one I have:

DSC_5516_zps0a1ddfab.jpg

It wasnt enough to get the stock wheels off the ground... let alone the bigger ones. I had to use the included sissor jack.

DSC_5509_zps44fecd46.jpg

^this is jacked up a little, but all four wheels on the ground... wow does it articulate!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normal Height, No rods. I can go full lock on the wheels and I don't think it rubs, maybe just a bit on a curb (i put some wheels up on curbs to see)

DSC_5520_zps9b17d546.jpg

DSC_5521_zps32620930.jpg

DSC_5522_zps0c2a8d94.jpg

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a fun shot too...

DSC_5514_zpscabf967d.jpg

I've been posting a lot of photos from many sources.. Galaxy Nexus, Google Glass, Nikon D90. Sorry if I am photo happy, but i love photo rich forums. They are more fun to browse.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I am not a big fan of white letters sidewalls, but I have to admit they look really sharp on white. Well done.

Regarding floor jacks, I don't remember what brand I am using but it's a 3-ton model specifically designed for trucks and SUVs (with a reach of about 21" or so when fully extended), and even then it barely gets the larger wheels off the ground. The articulation of these vehicles is pretty amazing. I guess you could use a strategically positioned wood block with yours.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! They look incredible. LOVE IT!!!

Great job. I am really happy to hear the wheels do not rub and that's normal height. Sounds like this is the direction I will go in the fall.

-David

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding floor jacks, I don't remember what brand I am using but it's a 3-ton model specifically designed for trucks and SUVs (with a reach of about 21" or so when fully extended), and even then it barely gets the larger wheels off the ground. The articulation of these vehicles is pretty amazing. I guess you could use a strategically positioned wood block with yours.

Hopefully by next spring I won't have to worry about floor jacks ever again, since I will be putting one of these in my detached garage that is being built right now. Good for 10,000lbs.

21638_700x700.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink