Is it possible to remove the middle seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the second row to create a captains chair setup like the cadillac has? the idea is to be able to get to the 3rd row withouth having to move the 2 outer seats which will have baby seats in them.

thnx

ihatecats78

Reaction score
What would be really interesting is if a bolt in console was available. One of the only things I don't like about the LR4 is the lack of an arm rest or cup holders in the center of the rear seat.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe there is a way to rig a Cupholder console to the latch bar on the back of the seat so when you fold it down there it is.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an ARB freezer fridge, the 40L, which is locked down into the center seat void. This tall fridge makes for a perfect height armrest for passengers and also allows easy access for us on road trips to get snacks or juice.

With seats flat in the floor, our cargo bins are the same height as top of fridge too which allows for a decent sleeping platform arrangement.

ByGuile

Reaction score
hey jwest, could you post a pic of that setup? sounds great!

rage986

Reaction score
Second Row - middle seat removal

We have four little boys and we just moved from a 2000 Disco II SE7. The old truck allowed the boys to enter from the rear hatch which allowed middle row car seats to stay in place. Has anyone removed the middle seat yet ( by unbolting it ) ? When I looked it looked pretty straight forward. Does anyone has picture of that configuration. This would then allow a pass through.

Thanks

rage

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how to remove the middle seat, short of just putting it down. I know it does that with the other seats up. You might be able to add a console in the middle?

I know I took off the middle head rest as it completely blocks the driver's vision.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would be really interesting is if a bolt in console was available. One of the only things I don't like about the LR4 is the lack of an arm rest or cup holders in the center of the rear seat.

You have the cup holders for the back seats in the center console. An armrest would be nice though :biggrin:

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone figure out yet if you can actually remove the middle seat in the 2nd row? We have a car seat on each side so when people want to get into the 3rd row it is a REAL pain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72