Is it possible to remove the middle seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ann Lamb

Reaction score
Google search on the topic brought me here and I signed up to the forum. Appreciate this thread very much ... and I am not ashamed (well maybe a little) to admit I am just a gal who has twins and expecting twins yet again so 4 in car seats!!! But I have fond memories of a previous land rover I owned (want a laugh at me.... first four letters were Free------. ) But boy did I love that vehicle. So now serious about purchasing an LR3 or LR4 but in reality I really do need that middle seat second row removed. This thread prevented me from purchasing the wrong LR3.... middle row has the left chair and middle attached permanently. so, now I am more informed. Thanks to those who patiently walked through the nuts/bolts of how to take it out. I am not going to tell anyone publicly that I am going to hand these directions over to my hubby once I get the right model (ha ha).

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google search on the topic brought me here and I signed up to the forum. Appreciate this thread very much ... and I am not ashamed (well maybe a little) to admit I am just a gal who has twins and expecting twins yet again so 4 in car seats!!! But I have fond memories of a previous land rover I owned (want a laugh at me.... first four letters were Free------. ) But boy did I love that vehicle. So now serious about purchasing an LR3 or LR4 but in reality I really do need that middle seat second row removed. This thread prevented me from purchasing the wrong LR3.... middle row has the left chair and middle attached permanently. so, now I am more informed. Thanks to those who patiently walked through the nuts/bolts of how to take it out. I am not going to tell anyone publicly that I am going to hand these directions over to my hubby once I get the right model (ha ha).

We just pull our lr4 seat down to the lower position (it folds down and then drops forward and down by about 6 inches). This alternative makes pass through incredibly easy for the kids, and also doesn’t sacrifice the middle seat in case we need it.

ChicagoLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased an LR4 with the intention of removing the middle seat to create captains chairs, but after seeing how low you can push it down, I realized its enough room for the kids to easily walk through to the third row so Im keeping it installed.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pull that middle out and put a rear facing fridge in the space and those kids will love you.

On second thought, if you are going to have 2 sets of twins, put that fridge facing forward and keep it stocked with a nice sauvignon blanc.....

I love my girls, but I don't missing hauling around 3 car seats. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635