03 discovery 2 vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Figaroni

Reaction score
Now I know I've seen this asked before and done a search but...

Bought the truck last Nov. with 75k. 3 days later head gaskets blew and replaced them along with everything I could think of to get the maint up to date a fresh. Read that if you don't change your front shaft it will snap and crack your tranny. Being new to discos bought a toddco rebuilt front shaft with greasable fittings. I hadn't had the truck more then a couple weeks and not taken it on a road trip. Long story short I got a bad vibration at 70+. Had the tires balanced a couple times and all checks ok. Talked to DiscoMike on the phone and he didn't seemed to thrilled it was a toddco shaft. All the things I read online seemed ok. Nothing from china. Was only $300+ ish. Mike suggested putting it in low gear and going up to 30-35 to see if it still vibrates. It doesn't. I live in the middle of nowhere where we have to drive 2hrs on freeway to anything good. So no dive shaft shop here. So I'm kinda lost now. I'm not sure what else to do. I bought an ome lift but am reluctant to have it installed cause I'm afraid the extra inch or so will make it worse. Bought the truck to id have a good size truck to haul all my kids gear (cerebal palsy) and need the truck at freeway speeds to go to dr. Don't want to be left stranded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And again thanks to DiscoMike for taking the time to chat with me on the phone and all the great advise. I love the rotella 15/40, it runs ultra awesome! Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99