05 Fuel Tank Recall - Did you get a full tank of gas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

s2wind

schafari said:
I recently took my new 05 HSE back for the fuel tank recall. The dealer did it in less than four hours which was great. However, when I drove the car away, it had exactly the same amount of gas as the old tank. I talked to the service adviser and he said that they simply drained the gas I had in the old tank, into the new tank.

I thought I recalled that LR provided for a full tank of gas within the recall. Can anyone comment on their actual experience or documentation that indicates that the dealer is getting reimbursement for a full tank of gas?

It is not so much the tank of gas; rather, it is a decision of if I want to continue to build a relationship with this dealer. This would simply be one item that would go into that decision.
I just had my fuel tank replaced by my LR dealer (12-27-05) and no, they did not fill up my tank after installation. They only transferred the fuel from my old tank to the new one. I rechecked the recall notice I received and it does not mention any such policy so I guess you can't fault them. Would have been nice though.

U

UnbrknCh8n

I had the tank replaced with no problems, and they gave me a $100 service credit. However, that money won't go far because in 24K miles I've had to replace five tires (but that, obviously, is another thread).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99