05 Fuel Tank Recall - Did you get a full tank of gas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

schafari

I recently took my new 05 HSE back for the fuel tank recall. The dealer did it in less than four hours which was great. However, when I drove the car away, it had exactly the same amount of gas as the old tank. I talked to the service adviser and he said that they simply drained the gas I had in the old tank, into the new tank.

I thought I recalled that LR provided for a full tank of gas within the recall. Can anyone comment on their actual experience or documentation that indicates that the dealer is getting reimbursement for a full tank of gas?

It is not so much the tank of gas; rather, it is a decision of if I want to continue to build a relationship with this dealer. This would simply be one item that would go into that decision.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
schafari, if you just bought your LR3 (other thread)... How did you get it without the recall already performed?

I didn't get a free tank of gas here, either... nor did I expect it. (As the fuel needs to go somewhere, putting it back in your new tank seems logical.)

Last edited by a moderator:
R

roverdawg

schafari,

Had my tank replaced about 2 mos. ago in Washington state. Dealer filled up the tank and threw in some LR gear while apologizing for the inconvenience. Must say that although my LR3 has been in for this recall and for suspension faults (replaced compressor) along with a replaced nav screen, I've been very pleased with the way they've handled it. I expected some problems for a 1st year model and the visits to the dealer have been relatively painless.

S

schafari

I was able to purchase and leave with an 05 without the recall done as I indicated that I would need the vehicle for upcoming travel the day after I picked up the truck. They could not get it done the same day in service, so I agreed that I would bring it back within x days and have the recall done.

I really needed the truck, and I think they really wanted to sell the unit prior to November close. (I bought it on 11/30.)

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they can legally sell you vehicle that has an unresolved recall, no matter how minor or rare it may be. I know a few people that had to wait weeks before they could take delivery of their new car; all they could do was touch it at the dealer and wait for the parts. :D I guess they were really motivated, schafari!

T

toddjb123

Just had my recall completed. Did not get any free gas...in fact, I think I had a good bit less than when I dropped it off! But they did give me an '06 LR3 loaner while they had it.

N

Nomad232

I didn't get the free tank but who cares when I got a $100 gift cirtificate to a fine local restaurant. Not bad LR not bad.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover gives the dealer the option of spending $100 towards the customer when the recall is performed, could be fuel, food,flowers, whatever. It is up to the dealer.

S

schafari

Hey, I didn't get the gas nor any $100 gift. I will have to say, the interest in me directly after the sale, was significantly less than prior to the sale. I have to drive over 100 miles to the dealer I bought the vehicle from, when one is actually less than 10 miles away. Had to take it for the recall and drive 128 miles round trip. $100 gift would have been first class.

If it funny theses days. Pretty much everyone builds a nice vehicle. When are the Dealers going to realize, I have plenty of options of where to spend my $55K. And since new cars are about every four years. . .why wouldn't you treat customers like long term clients. . .

The dealer relationship is something that is highly valuable. I left Audi because of the rotten dealership experiences. After 15 years of VW/Audi ownership. Killed me to do it. I sure hope Land Rover is better. So far, not anything I would be committed to them over to be sure.

T

texas911

NO, cheap ass bastards. You'd think that since its a recall they'd at least do that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99