If anyone needs information on dropping your LR4 tank to replace the fuel pump, let me know...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebruce

Reaction score
ping me if u guys need more info or when you get into it and I can walk you through it. as I said, would have taken 1-2hrs tops with some proper documentations.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Thanks!

I have a phantom fuel leak at fill-up time that we have been working on for a year now. (It's slow because the truck is away at University and I need to depend on remote dealerships).

Dealerships are at a loss to explain and I know that my diagnostic skills are far superior - but I need the truck in MY garage.
I will most likely need to do this project myself summer 2024, but all this helps me in guiding the dealership in the mean-time, and helps me plan the work in advance, your tips are great!

callin

Reaction score
that's great, thanks so much
that sensor I dont exactly know, but yes its in that vicinity (and I think fairly easy to replace). the dealer replaced that when they did the fuel flange recall, but that didnt help the situation. its in the workshop manual and I can look it up if you need.

for the pump I got the VDO. I think it was like $170. https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/A2C53323174Z

the workshop manual nor any of the videos I saw, including that one you linked show what the inside of the SVC6 tank looks like. caused a lot of confusion for me initially. the fuel filter is mounted on the top of the tank (not attached to the flange like some videos show of the LR3), but directly mounted to the top of the tank. you need to remove that first to get the pump out. the pump looks the same as the videos, but nobody explains you need to twist the pump to unlock it from the mounting clips and then remove the fuel float from the old pump to put in the new pump. I initially mounted my float upside down because I didnt take enough pics pulling stuff out. took me a solid 1+ hour of trying to figure out how to get that fuel filter out, then back in. I was baffled.

but its easy if you know how it all works. I have pics of that fuel filter location and how it's mounted on rubber rails. you just pull it towards you and it slides off the track and then can be removed. install same way (but its hard to see the mounting rails inside the tank so I had to stick my phone down in the gas tank to take pictures to see what I was doing).
this is great thanks. yes, any pics of the process would be greatly appreciated!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72