RRS Fuel Tank Recall -- Garage smells like gasoline after filling up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RRSSfosho

Reaction score
As the title states, I'm getting a gasoline smell in my garage after a full tank fill up. This only started happening after the fuel tank recall was completed a few months ago at a dealer.

I only fill my tank about once a month since we don't drive often but it happens every time I fill it up full.

The gasoline smell is only from the outside, and not inside the car. I see no visible signs of a gas leaking on the floor of my garage.

Anyone else experience this?

RRSSfosho

Reaction score
Yep, set up an appointment with them and will circle back to help anyone else experiencing the same issue.

Also, I tried driving the car to use up some gasoline. After a few trips, I found that driving for over 15-20 miles finally helped the smell go away. So it's definitely something to do with having a near full gas tank.

RRSSfosho

Reaction score
OK had to take the car back to the dealership twice. The first time they said nothing was wrong but they didn’t fill the tank up all the way.

The second time the tech identified the fuel pump gasket seal as being the culprit.

Driving home to fill her up all the way to see if this has finally been solved once and for all.

Glad my local dealer was happy to take her in twice to get it solved. 2 thumbs up for Land Rover Redwood City (California).

Part # LR117476

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut