'05 vs Newer LR3's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05LR3AZ

Reaction score
...first of all, my bad that should probably read "4 mm still" but to answer your question:

I don't know. If I had to speculate I'd say it's because I'm simply not a hard braker. I try to avoid using them, actually. Furthermore, I drive in Sport Mode any time I'm not on an interstate and I use Command Shift more than the average driver.

Sweet...that's what I thought...I wonder if anyone on here has encountered any Transmission issues. Glad to hear the brake 'issue' can be a 'non-issue'.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded my '05 in on an '08 last year in February at 48,000 miles. The '05 was great, but it made a couple of trips to the dealer on the back of a tow truck. The first time was right after I had aftermarket Sirius installed and the shop tapped into a control wire for power--the truck thought the oil pressure was low. The second was an almost dead battery that started sending up error messages like a Roman Candle.

The original tires lasted 12,000 miles, but when I traded it in it still had the original brakes. My "trick" was to use command shift a lot and rarely hit the brakes in the mountains. I don't know how many times I came off Molas Pass into Silverton, CO without braking, following someone from Indiana or Texas that had smoke coming off their brakes.

I loved the '05 and was really nervous about trading it in on an '08, but now I'm really glad that I did. The '08 is absolutely the best built vehicle I've ever owned. 22,000 miles without a single issue. Every little thing that bugged me about the '05 (mostly that some of the alarm relays were not well sealed and I often left a car wash with the red Oil light on) is fixed on the 08.

David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge