06 V8 Hse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickLR3HSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to forum and Land Rover. My wife and I bought an 06 V8 HSE towards the end of last year. It has around 35K miles on it. Love the truck, it is awesome. Have taken it off road a few times (when I can pry it away from her). This will definately be my next truck to get when the time comes. I have a concern though....

Is it normal to hear a whine in relation to the accelerator. Say when we are on the highway the truck is very quiet unless I have my foot on the accelerator, then there is a loud whine/hum, loud enough to be annoying, but goes away when I let off the accelerator. It almost sounds like it is coming from the side where the air intake vent is (passenger side). It is by no means the engine growling, it is more of a high pitched whine. I mentioned it to the service dept over the phone at the dealership and he acted like it was the tires. Its not the tires, if it was the tires it would do it whether my foot is on the accelerator or not.

Is this normal?? If Not, what could it be. The truck is still under factory warranty for another year to year and half and is going in for routine service in a few weeks and also to change out one of the speakers (under certain frequencies it just crackles and vibrates). There are no warning lights or indicators on the dash mentioning anything.

Thanks for your help.

Nick

trevorrigiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what it could be but if you can recreate it I would put the service tech in the truck and take him for a ride so he can hear it for himself. I had a rattle in the sunroof and dropped it off with them twice to fix and they said that it was the roof rack making the noise. I told them bull shi_ and told the guy to get in. After the ride he agreed that it was the sun roof and they fixed it. Just a suggestion.

Trevor

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer