18 or 20 inch wheel offset question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, basically what you're saying is that the 18X9's will most likely fit at zero offset, with a 285/60/18 tire that's only 31.5" tall. I'm shrinking an inch of diameter from what you're running and have what looks like the same offset as your KMC MONSTERS. Maybe a Rod Mod, but all in all it's feasible.

A zero offset wheel will move the center line of the wheel out approx 2", you are also going 1" wider then the stock wheel so know you are looking at the out edge of the wheel being 2.5"+ further out then the original. I think you will have clearance problems in the front when turning especially with a larger then stock diameter tire. You can try a zero offset but I think you will find it is a no go....Try using the application guide on their website. (I already did and it didn't show any wheels that fit the lr3) I think you will be limited to an offset in the 30mm range...

phraxos5

Reaction score
Wheels

The Monsters I have are:
20x 9 40 offset and they fit perfectly but I advise hub centric rings for a better fit.
play around with this for comparing http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

the tires rub like crazy on the frame and through the wheel well especially at the flaps on each end with out the lift. It is not functional without the lift. That is why the rod lift is necessary. With the mod the 285/55r20 stop rubbing except on the frame where the turn is completely stopped at about 80% turn left. I cut the frame where this was happening and welded a powder coated custom concaved plate over where the corner was. Now there is full steer to bumper stop with no contact with the frame anymore. I try not to ever full turn especially on the trail but it is not a good idea power into a full cv turn on an incline anyway with any wheel combo. If you are worried why not try the 275/55r20. The angles on my cvs and overall suspension have been checked at land rover and are fine.

6Speed

Reaction score
I have been desparately searching for some off road wheels such as these but I was thinking of doing 275/65r20 cooper zeon ltz's also I'm getting the rod lift. I have looked into several wheel manufactures that provide a descent 20" wheel but at the most a +30 offset. Also I know that I will have to trim the inner plastics a bit. I've been lurking around trying to find answers to my questions but I decided to chime in this thread. I need to find out where I could get hub centric 1/2 inch spacers... Any takers? Thanks in advance. Oh yeah going on 2006 v8 hse.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4