1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

18" Wheels - EVO CORSE DAKARZERO

Discussion in 'LR4' started by 901LR, Mar 12, 2019.

1. jwest

jwest Full Access Member

Bike tire seating needs a good initial blast so the tank is useful for that. Otherwise, there isn't enough max psi and/or volume to be all that useful. Well, it does allow good 100 psi blast for blowing off crud or dust off the dash, but I only had the single compressor at the time and maybe the twin ARB would do better, or a Viar that could put more max psi into the tank, which would of course be more total volume for anything. Air tools of any real use I simply cannot see working though due to much higher output numbers needed.

2. Oddboy

Oddboy Member

3. jwest

jwest Full Access Member

For a 31.5" tire just give me the money you want to throw away on rods that actually reduce the good qualities engineered into the vehicle and I'll donate it to a shade tree mechanic or something else actually useful. Then you can just use the vehicle in exactly the same way while not costing yourself more $ long term on stupid rods LOL

magus likes this.
  4. jwest

jwest Full Access Member

Of course it looks awesome though. So do tires too wide to tuck into the fenders but they don't work too well in practice. That 265/65-18 is the perfect no issues size so rods are not needed whatsoever.

magus likes this.
  5. Edward2595

Edward2595 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Does anyone know if the stock land rover center caps fit the EVO Dakar wheels? I'm considering ordering a set of these or the Tuffant steel wheels. I like the load rating of the EVO wheels but much prefer the price and maybe the look of the Tuffant wheels.

6. spodie

spodie New Member

Are those wheel gloss black or mat black?