1998 Disco 1 Auto System Problem

Discussion in 'Discovery' started by stevevjohnson, Jan 15, 2019.

1. stevevjohnson

stevevjohnson New Member

Hello All.

I am new to the Disco family and excited. I have a problem with my stereo, I only get a faint sound from my back subwoofer. When I purchased the vehicle I had to enter the Radio code due to a new battery, after entering the code the radio comes on no problem. Just only getting a very low volume from the back, nothing out of the other speakers. Thank you.

Steven

1998 Disco 1 LE

2. joey

joey Custom Rover Accessories Staff Member

Take the cover off of the speakers in the tailgate and check to see if it has any water damage or if the speakers are blown.

3. wolf

wolf Full Access Member

I had the exact same problem - and it sounds like the radio's relay has got old and tired - the relay is behind the glovebox - see your LR Disco electrics trouble-shooting manual for precise location (glove box must come out to access relay).

4. Green Achers

Green Achers Member

I’ll bet your consol radio level was lowered. That’s the two buttons consol button left side of the speedometer. They look like descending and assending images for the suspension, but that’s the radio volume. Common problem because it’s an odd feature.

5. Green Achers

Green Achers Member

Welcome, BTW.
    Bill, And I’ve had several Disco’s over the past couple decades. Currently use my 1996 D1 as a daily ride.