2 LED Lights on Auto (HVAC) Button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what both LED lights (vs only 1) on the HVAC Auto button means?

For max cooling of the cabin, should I press the Auto button so that both LED lights are on or only 1?

Patriot

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When both LEDs are lit, the climate control is in full auto mode. If you change the blower control, one of the lights will go out (while the air distribution/direction will still be in auto). If you change the air distribution (say to the floor) it will go to manual mode and both lights will be out. You end up with three options:

1. Full auto (two lights lit)
2. Blower auto, with distribution manual (one light lit)
3. Distribution auto, with blower manual (one light lit)

-Rich

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I missed your last question. For max cooling, you should turn both temp dials to the blue setting and make sure the "recirc" button is on. Then leave it in full auto and let the car do the work.

-Rich

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks the Gods I found this post. I've been going bonkers trying to figure out what the two vs one light combination meant. Many hour online and in the truck. I almost.......GASP.....looked it up in the manual.:albertein

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4