Rear view or Rearview Mirror Soft Buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two garage door openers, one is quite new (circa 2021) the other is older (circa 2013). The LR4 works fine with the older one but not with the newer one. Both door openers have learn buttons (button color is important in the Chamberlain world)! Just an FYI.

Ya I have this same problem so I wedged the opener in that little storage area on the passagerside where the parking brake is on the drivers side. Fits perfectly

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
@txfromwi I had the same problem initially. Where I was going wrong is I just programmed the soft button on the LR4 but never activated the "learn" function on the garage door opener. Apparently some garage doors will sync up just by programming the HomeLink soft key on the vehicle. Mine required activating the learn button to make the wireless connection. I was lucky enough to find the old manual for the garage door opener. The instructions were about three lines and one small diagram showing the learn button and blinking activation light. Once I followed those simple instructions, the HomeLink synced up to my Genie garage door opener immediately.

The HomeLink website is also pretty good for finding the right instructions for your unit.

Thanks, worked like a charm !

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut