20" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the photo. The tire says 21" also check for proper backspacing

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
Is anyone running the Nitto Terra Ridge Grapplers in a 285/50/R20 on their LR4? If so do you need to do any modifications or will they fit stock? I do have the 2.5 Johnson Rods on my LR4. I have seen that they may be a tad bit bigger than the Terra grapplers of the same size.

Last edited:

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Is anyone running the Nitto Terra Ridge Grapplers in a 285/50/R20 on their LR4? If so do you need to do any modifications or will they fit stock? I do have the 2.5 Johnson Rods on my LR4. I have seen that they may be a tad bit bigger than the Terra grapplers of the same size.
Ridge Grapplers, and Terra Grapplers are 2 different ones. Which one do you mean? Because several people have posted that they're running Terra Grapplers in that size with no issues

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
oops sorry, Ridge grapplers. Terra's fit, but I have read that the RIdge tends to be a bit bigger.

2011LR4LUXAA

Reaction score
Hi

I ran the terra Grappler for a while and did fine however I upgraded to ridge Grappler. The tire size I am running is 265/50/20. I didn’t have to make any modifications and there is no rubbing.

I have run stock 20in wheels since I bought the truck and I have never had any tires issue. I do off road my Lr4 on rocky, sandy and desert areas “Death Valley” and never had a tire issue. Last year I took a trip to baja and went all the way to La Paz taking the less trouble roads and no issues. I know 20s get a bad reputation and I agree is nice being able to air down for ride quality but that’s the only advantage I see. Having 20s it gives you better stability on road at high speeds and curves much better.

Anyway this my opinion based on my experiences and I know not everyone agrees.

Brizzity

Reaction score
For your 20's, 275/55/20 KO2's. Slight modifications to the left front wheel well
to avoid rubbing needed most likely.

IMG_7506.PNG
IMG_7507.PNG

Brizzity

Reaction score
Hi

I ran the terra Grappler for a while and did fine however I upgraded to ridge Grappler. The tire size I am running is 265/50/20. I didn’t have to make any modifications and there is no rubbing.

I have run stock 20in wheels since I bought the truck and I have never had any tires issue. I do off road my Lr4 on rocky, sandy and desert areas “Death Valley” and never had a tire issue. Last year I took a trip to baja and went all the way to La Paz taking the less trouble roads and no issues. I know 20s get a bad reputation and I agree is nice being able to air down for ride quality but that’s the only advantage I see. Having 20s it gives you better stability on road at high speeds and curves much better.

Anyway this my opinion based on my experiences and I know not everyone agrees.

Hey 2011LR4LUXAA,

Any chance you could share some photos of the 265/50/20 Ridge Grapplers on your truck?

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For your 20's, 275/55/20 KO2's. Slight modifications to the left front wheel well
to avoid rubbing needed most likely.

View attachment 9743 View attachment 9744

For this 275 55 20 size, you didn't have to do any mods except the wheel well minor ones? Also no lift rods? I was looking at this size and it was unclear whether they rubbed a little or a lot, on a stock LR4.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA