2003 Disco Trans. Q

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1lrover1

Reaction score
Hi,
Hoping someone can help with this one. I have an 03 Disco w/ 84k. No prior tran issues, warning lights etc. My wife was driving when she heard a 'pop' and immediately all foward moving gears where gone (D, 3,2,1) Dif. lock produce the same and it is as if it is in neutral when drive is selected. But, in both L & H reverse works fine. I dropped the pan to verify linkage and valve is operational and all looks well. No external fluid leakage is present and when drained fluid looked a little on the light brown side. All things seem to suggest internal tran failure of some sort but what? Are there any other checks before dropping the tran and either rebuilding or replacing? Also, if any one has removed the tran before any help, pics, steps etc. is greatly appreciated. One other note is when you do put it in drive and rev the engine a bit you can hear fluid gurgling from under where the shifter is located.

Thanks in advance for the help, looks like a nice rover resource here.

Best,
Rob

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First, welcome to the forum... Second, sorry to hear about the issue your having, it doesn't sound good.

If I were to bet my lunch, I would say you either need to rebuild or replace the transmission from your description.

I do not have the step written down, by the repair manual may help http://www.landroverresource.com/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4