2004 Land Rover Discovery II - Traction Control/ABS Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amarkley

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 2004 Land Rover Discovery II that has 150,000 miles. For the past few weeks, I have had the famous “Three Amigos” lights on. I read the ABS codes and found that the ABS system was throwing “Right Rear ABS Sensor Signal Erratic.” For context, I had a dog that chewed through the right rear ABS sensor cable, but I had it repaired (not replaced). The repair held for a while, but alas my “Three Amigos” came on again. Anyways, I replaced the rear right ABS sensor, cleared the engine and ABS codes, and now I have a completely different issue which is the subject of this forum post. The next day after replacing the ABS sensor I noticed that the traction control light comes on when accelerating over any bump in the road. Keep in mind that the “Three Amigos” are now gone along with every other engine light. The traction control light is also accompanied by the front left wheel breaking hard (basically, TC is on only for the front left wheel). Naturally, I read the ABS codes again and found that I am getting two codes: “Pump failure 2 (pump not running when actuated)” + “Pump failure 3 (pump sticking).” I did some digging on every Land Rover forum I know of and found that the R10 relay could potentially be the issue for Pump failure 3, so I tried swapping the R10 relay with the Auxiliary Circuits relay, but to no avail. Since the same issue was present when swapping the relays (and no other issues appeared), I am assuming that both relays are good. At this point I have not found a solution to any of the faults. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

amarkley

Reaction score
I used a rubber mallet to securely connect the sensor to the wheel hub and it fixed the problem! Those sensors are stubborn sometimes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM