2005 have TPMS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts data say after serial number 6A000001

My 2006 SE does have it manufactured in Jan 06.
Your comment sounds about right as my parts data says the TPMS started after serial number 6A000001.

It would seem the US TREAD act said that all light vehicles had to have TPMS after Sept 1, 2007; some manufacturers started in a big way with the 2005 model year, but not for the LR3.

If you had the sensors mounted inside your wheel, you would have metal like valve stems rather than rubber ones - kind of like the jpg below.

The tyre shop needs more money because of the increased labour re mounting the tyre and not wrecking the internal sensor. It is much more time consuming and requires more attention than just the simple rubber valve.

Attachments

• Orange Tyre Pressure Sensor showing valve stem on wheel.jpg
    Orange Tyre Pressure Sensor showing valve stem on wheel.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 41

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually, you check the valve stem on the tires and can tell whether you have TPMS (metal stem) or not (rubber/plastic stem.) MY06 was the one where they started adding the system, but only on later builds.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90