2005 LR3 SE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macbright

Reaction score
My LR3 2005 SE the water collected on the Passenger side floorboard was caused by the Air Conditioning Condensation Drain was plugged it exits on the passenger side near the rear of the engine and is an easy but can be messy process. i did not see this mention in this lengthy post.

Keith Dailey

Reaction score
Although I still haven't got my sunroof open, I believe my leak was coming from the front cowl panel. It is warped. I used some heavy duty tape to pull it back to the windshield, we had a little bit of rain since then, but not much. Yesterday I took the rover to the spray car wash, and hit it really heavy where I put the tape and all around the sunroof panel. I checked this morning and the floorboard is still dry. I found the cowl panel on eBay for $110 USD, is that a good price or is there someplace else anybody can recommend?

Keith Dailey

Reaction score
Test your battery first. The Land Rover Discovery 3 and 4 needs a fully charged battery other wise it sets off loads of warning lights. As for your sun roof, and 12 volt socket my car had similar problems when I brought mine 18 months ago. Found out that my Sunroof drains were blocked which sent water into my sunroof module which is situated just at back of sunroof. It also put loads of water into the drivers footwell shorting out loads of the 12 volt items. Your horn fuse is on the passenger fuse box and is 15A fuse.Your Cigar lighter Fuse 55 is also 15 amp And again is on the Passenger fuse box. Your electric sunroof fuse, fuse 20 again 15 amp is also on the Passenger fuse box. If I was you check the passenger fuse box first. The passenger fuse box can get water ingress. due to the front left sunroof drain being blocked off.

I tested my battery yesterday evening right after I parked it, it was 12.8, I tested it again this morning and it's 12.7, so I believe my battery is holding a good charge. I have checked all associated fuses to horn, sunroof, 12V sockets, cigar lighter, they are all good.

I believe I found the source of my water leak. The front cowl is warped. I've used some heavy duty tape to pull it back to the windshield, of course it hasn't rained since I put the tape on................. However I took the rover to the spray car wash yesterday and put lots of water where I taped the cowl to the windshield and also around the sunroof panel, the floor board is still dry. I found a new cowl on eBay for $110 USD, is this a good deal, or can someone recommend a different source to buy from?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a reasonable price. While you're changing it, you should shield the pollen filter box with something to deflect the water. An old license plate would work, I used a plastic license plate blank and just epoxied it on.

Greg9504

Reaction score
You should be able to get the cowl at the dealer for that price or less (part number LR096164). You'll also want to get the update kit for the pillar trim clips
https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/20728/LA501-006_A_pillar_water_leak.pdf

Other possible leak locations are the battery tray, cowl clip holes, see this thread:
https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/help...ocean-41117.html?highlight=cowl+leak&start=15

Now that you have the passenger sill plate off and the wires exposed take the time to find the red wire with blue tape at a splice. See this thread (second page for pictures of the wire)
https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/transmission-fault-hdc-traction-control-off-etc-137607.html
Do a proper splice with heat shrink NOW, or it will cause you all kinds of headaches in the future. I had to track this down on mine after the sunroof drains leaked. The wire eventually corroded at the splice.

Ian Morrison

Biffo 69
Reaction score
Hi y'all. Just bought this vehicle, mechanically and cosmetically it is in great condition. However I have an electrical problem somewhere.

My horn, power sunroof, cigarette lighter and other 12v plug ins are not working. I checked all fuses and they are good.

I tested the Battery Junction box for power from the wire and I have power there.

However when I test the individual connectors where the relay and fuses plug in, I have absolutely no resistence there.

Is there a way to test the Battery Junction Box other than what I have already done? Is there a way to test the Central Junction Box without having to remove the glove compartment?

Am I even looking in the right direction?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!!
Have you removed your steering wheel air bag and checked the tiny wiring loom which supplies power to your horn. I had to replace mine as water dropped down onto my steering wheel and made my horn active at 1am in the morning. It burnt my horn out and melted the wiring loom under the air bag. I’ve said to you before the water from the sun roof also damaged my sun roof Module. I suggest you find someone close to you with a Discovery 3 and test your module on their car. These modules are close to £110 so don’t buy one until you know yours has failed. All your connections for the Sunroof horn and 12 volt cigarette lighter are on your passenger fuse box so I would look for a fault between the passenger fuse box and each individual item. Have you made sure each of your wiring looms are connected properly to you Passenger fuse box.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM