2005 RangeRover Access Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U

usrangerover

I just picked up my 2005 RangeRover.
My first one and I am fully enjoying it.
Traded in my MB SL 500 for it. I know...but I just wanted something more comfortable.
My question is , does the access mode need to be turned on manually everytime or can I set it to lower the vehicle everytime it slows down?
My ride height is always on the middle level or the highway level when I'm driving.
It becomes quite annoying to have to remember to push the access button everytime I want to get in and out of the vehicle comfortably.

ruffinit

Reaction score
I highly doubt you can rig it to automatically go down...but i may be wrong. But i am posting to inform you that I would not recommend manually making the vehicle go up and down a lot. I had a 99' range rover and i used to do that quite often, and the air suspension didn't take it so well. I only hope the new ranges are better, but I am treating this one a little different. Congrats on the new buy!

S

SteveA

Bad news, you do have to remember to push the button to make it sit down. The only settings the RR will use on its own are the standard and highway modes. You have to tell it to go to the off road or access modes. They have always been that way. At least the new RR has the button on the door panel in case you forget, or if you're too lazy to reach down on the dash.

As far as using the access mode, all my experience has shown that people that don't use it seem to have more problems than those that do. At least on the P38 RR. I don't know what kind of problems your RR had ruffinit, but I would be surprised if it was because you USED the access mode.

By the way, the new RR has a completely different design for the air springs than the P38 had. Very few problems so far.

Stephen

H

HSE2

I never had a problem with my P38a and the L322 hasn't missed abeat yet and I used the feature all the time

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink