2006 LR3 Heater Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Realtorjeff

Reaction score
Need help please. Have a 2006 LR3 SE 4.4L with heat issues. Heat will not work on either side on any setting when temp gets below 55 degrees. I can recal sensors with the econ and recirc buttons at startup and fixes issue. But will not correct it below that 55 degrees. I have replaced all actuators with new ones, flushed my heater core and still no go. Really a stumper. Even drained my radiator hoping an air loc may have occured during flushing of core. Software or hardware? Again, heat comes out beautifully when temp is 55 or above. AC works great anytime btw. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Jeff

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some thoughts:
- do you smell coolant?
- is your level good, do you need top-ups?
- is the engine overheating?
- when was the thermostat last changed?
- how is your water pump?

(btw: you could still have trapped air, LR3s are difficult to purge)

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some files to glance through. My LR3 still needs the driver side actuator replaced and FYI the system does a diagnostic at start up and if there is an error the on button ( i think it's the on button) LED blinks for about 15 seconds instead of going right to on. You might check that to see if this is mechanical or electrical.

Attachments

• Description and Operation.pdf
    523.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Description and Operation.pdf
    830.9 KB · Views: 99

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA