2010-2013 LR4 with "Facelift" grille - photos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need something like the GAP Diagnostic IID tool to activate the running lights.

JustinWK

Reaction score
When I plugged the 2014+ headlights in, the DRL's could be turned on manually. Which, I suppose defeats the purpose of having DRL, but I'd rather just flip the switch than spend the money for the Diagnostic tool.

This was all done in a 5 minute test though. I could definitely be mistaken.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I plugged the 2014+ headlights in, the DRL's could be turned on manually. Which, I suppose defeats the purpose of having DRL, but I'd rather just flip the switch than spend the money for the Diagnostic tool.

This was all done in a 5 minute test though. I could definitely be mistaken.

Doesn't that also turn on your taillights, though?

If you plan on having your LR4 for any length of time, the IID Tool is almost a must-own.

JustinWK

Reaction score
Doesn't that also turn on your taillights, though?

If you plan on having your LR4 for any length of time, the IID Tool is almost a must-own.

It might, I honestly never checked - I'd bet you're right. If you suggest me getting the tool for other reasons too, I'll take your advice. I was honestly going to upgrade (downgrade?) to a Velar, but the more I think about it, finishing off the facelift will give me exactly what I'm after. Plus, I'd miss the ruggedness of the LR4.

Tomsquad419

Reaction score
I'm interested in doing this myself. I've gotten the headlights so far, but having a hard time finding a body shop willing to paint and install the bumper, since it's not true to the VIN. May just buy a pre-painted bumper, since my LR4 has low miles and relatively no fading of the black paint.

Any suggestions or tips, or is it pretty straight forward? Just buy the 2014 + bumper cover, grill, headlights, and install?

Yes that's it - I bought it all then just took it to a body shop to install. It is very easy to install though. I bought the bumper new and had it painted so I needed to buy the new washer jets, fog bezel, and lower deflectors. .

I am now working on retrofitting the US Spec headlights to enable and add cornering lights (like UK) when going around turns, ect with the adaptive.

Asilver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased and installed the 2014+ "Facelift" style grille (e.g. https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles...oks-like-d4-facelift-black-chrome-silver.html) for their LR4?

I'm referring to a grille-only upgrade, not grille + headlight + spacer upgrade kit.

If so, can you post photos? I can't seem to find any examples of the 2010-2013 style headlights with the "Facelift" grille installed, even from those who sell it, oddly enough.

Thanks in advance.

I've got the grille update on my 2011 LR4. I've attached a couple photos below. The trucks dirty and covered in snow, but you can still get the idea.

LR Grille 1.jpg
LR Grille 3.jpg
LR Grille 2.jpg

L Crist

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just did the powerfuluk facelift grill / newer headlamp upgrade on my 2011! Super easy!

IMG_3742.JPG

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I pass an oncoming LR4 with the newer grill and headlights, all I think is too bad you have the SCV6 and not the V8 behind that grill. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA