2012 LR4 - Amber brake warning and special systems unavailable,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobbyD

Reaction score
Here we go again. During latest nor'easter LR4 got driven through heavy snowbank. Front brake pad wear sensor was separated. No big deal right? While I was under there, I replaced inner and outer tie rods, both sides, that were due. Nothing 'electrical' was touched/disconnected. I know these will light up dash if out of alignment so, I did have it aligned as well. I replaced the brake pad wear sensor (front left) with OEM replacement. It is dropped down to full stops. Unable to lift/inflate airbags with current dash faults: amber brake (typically that brake pad wear sensor) lamp and special systems unavailable. Thoughts?

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get the codes? Did the faults/suspension drop happen immediately after driving through the snowbank, or only after you were working on it to replace the tie rods and brake wear indicator? Maybe check your wheel speed sensor and suspension height sensor on that side.

BobbyD

Reaction score
Can you get the codes? Did the faults/suspension drop happen immediately after driving through the snowbank, or only after you were working on it to replace the tie rods and brake wear indicator? Maybe check your wheel speed sensor and suspension height sensor on that side.
Faults showed only after working on it. After alignment and a day or two down at full stops and warnings still lit, I took both front wheels off again and checked wheel speed sensors. It did lift and level a day later but sat back down and doesn't lift at all because special systems are unavailable. A visual inspection of height sensors at the time were all good, no visible damage

Last edited:

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the locking rear diff try putting this through a test on your IID tool. The symptoms are the same. It’s randomly happened twice for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi