2012 LR4 High Throttle Hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J_MLR3

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2012 LR4HSE 5.0 with 72k miles that has recently decided to hesitate while entering a highway ramp. The problem is more evident when the engine is cold or hasn't been running a while. Otherwise, the hesitation doesn't exist as much once the engine has been running a bit. Have done the usual maintenance, but never any heavy engine maintenance such as plugs or timing chain stuff. I have relied on my dealer to steer me in the right direction as far as maintenance is concerned, and they haven't discussed any heavy engine maintenance with me. I know that air filter was changed about a year ago, but I doubt that's the problem. Been feeding it Costco premium gas for the most part. Any ideas? Thinking about a long road trip this summer, and as usual all the thread talk of timing chain, water pump and tensioner failure has me worried and thinking I should get this work done before the trip. Thanks in advance for your responses.

J

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you read the codes? Clean the throttle body? Not giving us much to go on honestly... but please let us know what you find out to add to the knowledge base here.

J_MLR3

Reaction score
Thanks for your response MBW. I'm going to start out by changing out the air filters, and cleaning the throttle body. After watching a couple of videos, I'm up for it. I'd have to get a code reader to check those out.

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would run a can of spray seafoam through the throttle intake before I would do anything else. In our first 2013 that alone cleared up lots of minor issues and increased power and fuel economy. Put a can of the liquid stuff in the tank. These direct injectors are notorious for gunking up.

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seafoam in the tank and you will notice a difference, I usually add a full can to 1/4tank but that's just me lol.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seafoam in the tank and you will notice a difference, I usually add a full can to 1/4tank but that's just me lol.

uh, no offense dude, but you just made another thread saying you had valve seals leaking oil into cylinders and had your engine worked on. Let's go easy on engine care advice.

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uh, no offense dude, but you just made another thread saying you had valve seals leaking oil into cylinders and had your engine worked on. Let's go easy on engine care advice.
Seafoam had zero to duo with bad valve guides or seals. Poor ENGINE design HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH BAD VALVE GUIDES/SEALS.

Last edited:

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seafoam had zero to duo with bad valve guides or seals. Poor ENGINE design HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH BAD VALVE GUIDES/SEALS.

Let’s play nicely guys LOLLLL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA