2012 LR4 V-8 vs 2015 LR4 V-6 Quirks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah mine does it when the surface is freshly asphalted, wet, or with sand/gravel like a construction site. Besides the shavings in the transfer case, was there any other reasons why it was replaced? I wanna keep an eye out for signs..
No. I had my car in for a drivetrain noise and they were just checking everything.
Got it back and they said they found some metal in the transfer case and just threw a new one in, but that didn’t fix my problem.

I really haven’t heard of any issues with the transfer cases in these cars. You could do the fluid change like many other members here have.
And I guess i have had a little skipping on the wheels before on very specific roads like what you mentioned, but never clean dry pavement.

D Morgan

Reaction score
That sounds like a malfunction. It should be quiet unless there's something close to the sensors....
The 15 did not have the loc diff option, but the veh would start jerking when turned all the way right in particular as though it was locking up a little. It was subtle, but the tech told me it was more noticeable than normal and I should keep an eye on it as it probably will need a t-case soon. He said it's abt 50/50 on those, they see ones that never had fluid changed primarily. This one was close to the service interval, so who knows..glad I didn't get it. Based on my previous 10'RR, it's always something, you just want to minimize the damage to your wallet.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA