2012 Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soft Ware Patch 2011 Lr4

They can activate voice recognition in models that do not have it!

YES THEY CAN.THEY ARE JUST STALLING A LOT OF PEOPLE,BUT I DID HAVE IT INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!!!

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover is stalling on activating voice regonition.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES THEY CAN.THEY ARE JUST STALLING A LOT OF PEOPLE,BUT I DID HAVE IT INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!!!

Guss, when you say installed - installed or activated existing functionality? Thanks!

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One change that I came across when ordering my '12 is that passive keyless entry comes standard on the HSE now. I think in previous model years, you had to purchase the LUX package.

30309guy

Reaction score
2012 "upgrades" are crap. The new stereo/nav interface is utter junk. I can't believe that Land Rover let it go out like that. Sure, it's prettier, but it is SO SLOW!!! If you're used to just starting the vehicle and going, you're in for a major disappointment. The rear camera/beepers doesn't start working for about a minute (60 seconds is a long time when the '10/'11 models were instant) and every push of a button takes 3-5 seconds to react. Such a disappointment...

Last edited:

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 "upgrades" are crap. The new stereo/nav interface is utter junk. I can't believe that Land Rover let it go out like that. Sure, it's prettier, but it is SO SLOW!!! If you're used to just starting the vehicle and going, you're in for a major disappointment. The rear camera/beepers don't start working for about a minute (60 seconds is a long time when the '10/'11 models were instant) and every push of a button takes 3-5 seconds to react. Such a disappointment...
I think something is wrong with yours... Which operetion exactly takes 3-5 seconds?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 "upgrades" are crap. The new stereo/nav interface is utter junk. I can't believe that Land Rover let it go out like that. Sure, it's prettier, but it is SO SLOW!!! If you're used to just starting the vehicle and going, you're in for a major disappointment. The rear camera/beepers don't start working for about a minute (60 seconds is a long time when the '10/'11 models were instant) and every push of a button takes 3-5 seconds to react. Such a disappointment...
Really? Wow! That is very annoying! I have a 2011 and everything is instant. The interfact is a bit clunky on the 2010/2011 models, but honestly it's fine because I hardly ever use anything except for the radio. I did try to get my voice activation turned on, but my dealership was still waiting on that - they said they can do it in a month or so. Even so, I would likely never use it.

30309guy

Reaction score
The delay is pretty much constant with anything regarding the stereo. When pushing the "audio" button to bring it up, when pushing the up or down buttons on the screen or steering wheel for channel change. The volume has a delay but only about 2 seconds (still annoying). The iPod is absolutely ridiculous. 5-7 second delay when changing songs. My dealer (GM is best friend) says all of his demos are like that but he hasn't had any complaints from other people. I did turn the animated graphics option off. With that on, add 2 seconds to every delay above.

Last edited:

goblue95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my voice command button activated by my dealer recently (they needed to prod LRUSA a bit), and to be honest, I don't find myself using it anyway. My main goal was to be able to use it to operate the phone hands-free, but between unintuitive commands, poor voice recognition, and the need to program all phone numbers into the vehicle's proprietary address book (to use the voice command function), I'm still just touching the screen on my iphone to make calls. In one of my other cars I have a 4-year old aftermarket Parrot hands free system (cost about $400 with installation and runs through the car's speakers) - I have yet to see an OEM hands-free phone system that can even touch the ease of use of that system. (1. Push button - 2. "call [person] [home/office/mobile]" - 3. phone starts ringing through speakers - so simple and it works right off the connected phone's address book)

As for the touch screen, I find the controls on my 2011 to be pretty responsive as well - surprised to hear about such long delays on the 'revamped' 2012 interface.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The delay is pretty much constant with anything regarding the stereo. When pushing the "audio" button to bring it up, when pushing the up or down buttons on the screen or steering wheel for channel change. The volume has a delay but only about 2 seconds (still annoying). The iPod is absolutely rediculous. 5-7 second delay when changing songs. My dealer (GM is best friend) says all of his demos are like that but he hasn't had any complaints from other people. I did turn the animated graphics option off. With that on, add 2 seconds to every delay above.

I don’t know. May be I just did not pay attention... The only thing I notice is changing songs on iPod - about 3 seconds, which is ok...
Other then that it is pretty adequate… Yes, it could be instant, but that is not too bad to drive me nuts… And that is pretty easy thing to do… :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM