2013 Base vs. HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thEpm

Reaction score
My wife and I just started looking at LR4's after driving a 2010 that was at a Jeep dealer where we were planning on ordering a 2014 Overland. While I cannot yet compare the 2014 Jeep refresh yet to the LR4, the Land Rover was miles ahead of the 2013 Jeep we tested against in just about every way.

That being said, I started reading up and pricing the LR4's out, and I am a little confused on the Base (V8) vs. the HSE when configured on Land Rover US site.

Base + HSE reads like it is the same as ordering the HSE, however, it is $2,300 less expensive adding the HSE option to the Base. There are a few minor differences I can see in the summary tab, but some look like they might be typos or omissions, but it could also be why there is a price diff.

Does anyone know if the Base + HSE is the same as the HSE?

Here are the things I saw missing on the Base+HSE vs. the HSE:

HSE exterior badge
Complex 35:30:35 Row Two Seat
Rear Climate Control
Passive Keyless Entry
Parking Aid - Rear view camera
Front Park Distance Control
Premium Navigation system with Hard Disc Drive

Thanks for the info and the site, I have learned a lot lurking here for the last few weeks!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the HSE 7-seats and the base 5-seats regardless of add-ons?

Did it have 7-seats? The 3rd row?

thEpm

Reaction score
When you add the HSE pack, it insists that you add the 7 Seat pack too, so I assume that adds the third row and changes the 2nd row to the 35:30:35 split config.

Sbmargo

Reaction score
What is the 35:30:35 split config. on the seats? It comes with the HSE 7 seat configuration? What are the second row seats if it's not HSE 7 seat?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The website could just be wrong. I would work with a dealer to figure out the details.

Sbmargo

Reaction score
I don't know what these numbers mean. Could you explain it to me?
Thanks.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
60/40 (5 seater config): The second row seatbacks fold down in two sections, one is about 60% of the entire width of the bench, the other about 40%. 35/30/35 (7 seater): Three separate sections of the seatback can be knocked out on the second row, the outer ones are 35% of the entire width, the center section about 30%.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90