2013???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have "057FN Badge HSE" on my order...

Back to an older topic, My dealer is now saying I can't choose the 19" 10 spoke wheels on my order, im stuck with the new 7 spoke design. He also said they are using the new 7 spoke wheel on the Range Rover Sports.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS...

I was very curious about your Range Rover badging, looks like it is an interesting mistake. I called 3 of my local dealerships with 2013s on the lot and NONE of the LR4s have that badging in that location. I think it's actually kind of cool :)

I'd be very curious to know what other think.

-David

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey umbertob,

If I may ask, what is the price for the black pack and extended leather as an option? I still can't see pricing on the LR website.

-David

Black pack w/ 19" $1600.00
Extended Leather pack $1000.00

Hopefully they will update LR USA's web site before 2014 comes around? :smile: If you build it on web sites such as carsdirect.com, the new specs and pricing for 2013s are available.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear seat entertainment system looks very nice. My wife is excited to have that for our kids.

Regarding the RSE, in case you were wondering there is no 6-disc DVD changer (another misprint on LRUSA's web site...), you get a single slot CD/DVD player on the front console instead of a single CD-only player in cars without RSE. I actually prefer that design, I have RSE with the changer in my Sport and it's a PITA to replace discs, plus the DVD changer collects dust in the trunk over time and eventually stops working.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black pack w/ 19" $1600.00
Extended Leather pack $1000.00

Hopefully they will update LR USA's web site before 2014 comes around? :smile: If you build it on web sites such as carsdirect.com, the new specs and pricing for 2013s are available.
Thanks!!!

I don't want the extended leather, but $1,600 for the Black Pack with 19" wheels isn't bad at all. I'd go with that option over the 20" Black Pack - I hate those 20" wheels!

Thanks for the information! :)

-David

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the RSE, in case you were wondering there is no 6-disc DVD changer (another misprint on LRUSA's web site...), you get a single slot CD/DVD player on the front console instead of a single CD-only player in cars without RSE. I actually prefer that design, I have RSE with the changer in my Sport and it's a PITA to replace discs, plus the DVD changer collects dust in the trunk over time and eventually stops working.

If you get any time to add more info about RSE, either here or a youtube vid, that would be awesome. The dealers know nothing about it. They try to sell me an aftermarket system and said it was better (lol)... I asked if you could control the aftermarket one from the front screen (dumb question, i know it can't) and the dealer says "ill have to check"... tech newb.

I will eventually find out when my truck arrives in March, but I think it would be helpful if info about the new RSE system existed on the web. You can barely find any pictures of the new larger screens in the headrests. Yours look pretty great.

Can you listen to the audio over the speakers? How (Bonkers) is the 17 speaker audio system? So many questions! :D

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock RSE is sweet. You can listen to soundtracks over the speakers in addition to the supplied wireless headphones, as a matter of fact that's the one instance where the HK Logic7 system - which otherwise sounds pretty ordinary and "artificial" to me when processing most 2-channel stereo sources - really shines: With multi-channel music or movie soundtracks recorded in DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1, it sounds pretty spectacular from any seat in the car, truly enveloping you with sound as if you were sitting in a movie theater. If you have a collection of DTS or DVD-A multi-channel music discs (I do) and enjoy hi-fi at home, you may find the investment worthwhile, even if you don't have any kids sitting back there to play movies to (and I have a few of those too... :biggrin:)

Having said all that, for $2500 I could get a couple of iPads with killer headphones, with tons of money to spare, and my kids would likely be happier, taking their movies and games with them whenever we get there. For the money LR wanted for RSE, I had decided to pass. I would have missed it a bit, but not 2500 bucks worth... However, as it turns out LR screwed up my order, gave me some money back and in the end I am happy I got the system. It certainly beats any other aftermarket solution as far as integration and performance with the stock sound system we get from LR. And once you experience listening to a DVD-A / DTS disc with the RSES, if you are a music buff like me and still think MP3s and SAT radio may be convenient but did a major disservice to music quality, there may be no going back.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I know its pricey, but my kids are 2 and 3.5, which is a little young for just handing them ipads, and maybe even keeping headphones on. My wife wants to control it from the front and not have to worry about it. She gets car sick dealing with the portable dvd player we have in the car now which hangs between the seats (in her Lexus RX). Hell, I'll be able to download the youtube vids that my kids obsess over and play them from a usb device on the RSES.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have twin girls, 3.5 (and an 8-year old older sister), I know where you're coming from... It's amazing how quickly their tiny fingers manage to figure out where Dora and Diego are hiding inside Netflix on my wife's iPad. :smile: And if there is no wi-fi service available, God help mommy and daddy with the chorus of complaints! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635