2014 LR4 HSE LUX- BSM Inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZRoverLR4wm

Reaction score
A question for the electrical gurus on the forum; My Blindspot monitoring is currently inop. What I see after the car starts is an amber dot on the driver side mirror. As the system starts up the passenger side mirror “cars indicators” flash on then off afterwards the amber dot is on the driver side only and stays there.
“Cars” do not illuminate on the drivers side as does the passenger side on startup. Wondering what this tells me from a logic perspective.. could the driver side Blindspot monitor control module be bad?Does the fact that the passenger side mirror “cars” light up and go out tell me the Blindspot monitor control module on the passenger side is good? Any thoughts appreciated. Thank you.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would want to get codes read with a LR-specific reader, something like the GAP IIDTool or go to a LR shop. There are codes recorded for things like the door puddle lights and heated mirrors not working, but I don't think they would show up on a generic OBDII reader.

AZRoverLR4wm

Reaction score
I have a GAP IID Tool. I see no codes posted or any failures for BSM. Yet it is inop.. very strange..
I am new to the tool but it shows no current faults. Do I need to go to a certain menu to see BSM Faults, or should they generally be displayed?

Last edited:

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should show you if any modules have faults. The solid amber dot means that the system is unavailable. When the car is stationary, you really should see the dot on both mirrors, as the system is non-functional until you start moving (about 8mph). Once moving, if you still have the dot, it means that system is not functioning.

The blind spot system uses radar units that are positioned near the corners of the rear bumper. If anything is blocking it (e.g., mud, maybe some aftermarket bumpers, etc.) or if something hit your bumper so the module is no longer angled properly, that can cause a problem.

Also, if you have a 2015 model with a vin within FA756360-FA758704, there was a TSB for potential water ingress into the modules.

AZRoverLR4wm

Reaction score
Jlglr4- thanks for the input. Does not work at any speed. Nothing blocking sensors that I can see.. Just amber dot on Drivers side mirror. Only thing I can see. No faults on GAP tool either.
Car has not been wet (since I have had it). I’m thinking I just need to pull the rear bumper off and check wiring- power/ ground, and general condition of BSM Control modules. Hate to guess that much… expensive little module to replace!..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut