2014 Range Rover Sport - NY Autoshow Next Month

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Jeep Cherokee is beyond ugly. It really is. They need a new word for ugly.

Land Rovers will never be ugly. Less triditional, maybe. Will I leave the brand? Hell, no!

I'm worried about the V8s though. :-(

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Jeep Cherokee is beyond ugly. It really is. They need a new word for ugly.

Land Rovers will never be ugly. Less triditional, maybe. Will I leave the brand? Hell, no!

I'm worried about the V8s though. :-(
Me too. I want a V8, no matter what.

I just saw the new Jeep online, wow, that is a whole different level of UGLY.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do a diesel V6 if they offered it... but that's about it.

I want my V8!

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I predict the new Cherokee will go down in history like the Pontiac Aztec. It's unbelievably grotesque looking.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read an interesting this morning article about the new Range Rover Sport.

Some of new spy shots and renders look pretty good. I must admit, if it looks like some of the very accurate renders, I might order one. It might be pretty hot... I have a feeling it will be. But it also look like it's going to be very expensive...

One of the things that caught my attention is that they will offer a 5- and 7-seat version.

It also seems to be positioned upmarket from the current/outgoing model... so the MSRP might be in the 70K range rather than 60K range.

Land Rover is "stretching" the Evoque (putting it on another platform I believe) and calling it the Evoque XL, offering it as a 5- and 7-seat, with a premium price, and positioning it between the standard Evoque and the Land Rover Sport... which supports the theory of pushing the RRS up market a little and into the 70K range.

It was also mentioned that the RRS will get the 5.0 V8 Supercharged, the V6 Supercharged and a 4.4 V8 turbo diesel (hmmmm?).

Last edited:

chinochulo

Reaction score
2014 rrs

Well the spy-photo RRS definitely has plenty of Evoque-ness, and with these photos you can make out the final design pretty well. The truck definitely hunkers down and looks menacing. Unfortunately, I sat in the Evoque and hated it because the beltline was so high. Part of the reason I liked the LR4 was the high seating position and huge windows for myself and the kids. With this arching beltline (higher towards the rear), the kids won't have as good a time looking out (especially if the RRS has 3rd row seats)....so maybe I will have to get a 2013 LR4 if its the last model year (or if my wife's E-class ever dies out, get the G500..:cool:).

Attachments

• 2014 RRSa.jpg
    2014 RRSa.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 2014 RRSb.jpg
    2014 RRSb.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 26

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned the beltline... I'm concerned about that... especially in the front. I love putting my arm on the rest and having that high seating position. I also noticed in the interior spy pics that area that you'd normally rest your arm is designed to have no flat top, so basically, your arm would slip off anyway. Urgh.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the spy-photo RRS definitely has plenty of Evoque-ness, and with these photos you can make out the final design pretty well. The truck definitely hunkers down and looks menacing. Unfortunately, I sat in the Evoque and hated it because the beltline was so high. Part of the reason I liked the LR4 was the high seating position and huge windows for myself and the kids. With this arching beltline (higher towards the rear), the kids won't have as good a time looking out (especially if the RRS has 3rd row seats)....so maybe I will have to get a 2013 LR4 if its the last model year (or if my wife's E-class ever dies out, get the G500..:cool:).

Man, I have to disagree with the menacing description. That front looks more like an everyday SUV now than an iconic RAnge Rover. It looks soft and emasculated to me. I really hope the LR5 or disco 5 keeps some semblance of squareness and not another Victoria beckham inspiration.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Land Rover will lose some of its core customers... but gain a lot of new ones. Rich mums.

Going to miss the big greenhouse too... I love my big windows... you know, that idea of having them so you can see the outdoors and beautiful scenery around you, one of the great signatures of Land Rovers.

I'm not sure why car companies want to cocoon the occupants into an isolated environment. It's really okay to see the outside world you know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635