2015 LR4 grille color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theman

Reaction score
IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

theman

Reaction score
Spoke with another dealer this morning as well as LRNA cust service (latter was not much help), and the other dealer checked using my VIN and confirmed that MY 2014 replacements are only this black; however, he said they could easily match the color and deal w.it that way.

Meanwhile I returned to my dealer's collision shop and whaddaya know, they found the grey/silver and have ordered.

Surprisingly the LR grill badge has silver overspray atop and to either side of it. Very sloppy painting from the factory (per collision guys, said they receive the whole unit already painted).

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the end of the world, and if something like that happened to me (I have a black pack on my 2013) I guess I could just have the whole grill painted gloss black and look almost like it used to... But it's certainly an unusual and questionable decision on Land Rover's part.

I like the new headlamps and the always-on LEDs, but am not too crazy about the black surround trim around the fogs on the bumper, plus unless I am mistaken someone here posted in the past that the new headlamps no longer have fill-in halogen bulbs for the high beams, relying only on bi-xenons for high and low.

If we want to be extra picky, it looks like your body shop also screwed up the spacing of the letters on the hood - which I assume they replaced as well? There should be more spacing between the words LAND and ROVER.

comps9.jpg

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I didn't see it here I wouldn't have believed it. LR have upgraded the look of your LR4 to the most recent version. Shocked.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, I bet there are some people here who would cheerfully pay thousands to get their front end "upgraded" to the newest and freshest look (I am not one of them.) I guess the trick is to slam your older LR4 nose first into a telephone pole and pay the insurance deductible? :biggrin:

theman

Reaction score
If we want to be extra picky, it looks like your body shop also screwed up the spacing of the letters on the hood - which I assume they replaced as well? There should be more spacing between the words LAND and ROVER.

comps9.jpg

Hadn't noticed that, too focused on all the other issues, but right is right and this incident (ahem, due to the wifey :motz: not me) just sent $8400 to the shop. So I expect it to be repaired to the exact previous spec and will notify them to fix that as well in the morning. Hell I brought it back initially bc alignment was a couple degrees off.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It also seems like you have bigger gap between the hood and the headlight on the driver side compared to the passenger side. Mainly visible by the grille.

theman

Reaction score
It also seems like you have bigger gap between the hood and the headlight on the driver side compared to the passenger side. Mainly visible by the grille.

I picked the car up Fri evening in the dark, with a 12mo old baby 90 min off her schedule, so missed that until the next morning when I went to thoroughly inspect. That was the first thing I noticed - besides the black grille - and a few other surprises (considering the car underwent "quality control" before they called me in).

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just.... not sure what to do with that.... no damn spare parts 1 year out?!?!?! *** am I going to do 10 years from now when I need something... this is madness.

Now I want the ARB bumper even more because i don't want different headlights.

I really hate it when the light turns off when you use the turn signal... that bugs the hell out of me. My 2013 doesn't turn anything off when I have my turn signal on.

They should have gotten an letter spacing template with that front emblem right?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo