2015 LR4 sidestep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can it be removed on the 2015?
can it be replaced with something more fitting the vehicle?

Tks.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can it be removed on the 2015?
can it be replaced with something more fitting the vehicle?

Tks.

It is relatively easy to remove, there are a few posts around here showing how to do it. Not sure what would "fit" better, sliders or something narrower than the stock steps? Keep in mind JLR claims the side steps are integral to side impact safety and should not be removed. Caveat step remover...

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Same thing the dealer told me. I do not mind having steps - just want something that looks better.

The dealer did say they are welded on for 2015 - is that true?

Derman

Reaction score
I'm also considering the removal of the side steps...

You might want to check out youtube - there is a video on there about removing the side steps on a LR3 and it looks like a pretty similar process for the LR4 from my quick look.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, completely aside from appearance and safety issues, i fancy running boards spare wear and tear on those beautiful leather seats, the outside edges of which may get crushed as shorter folks like me slide out instead of stepping out. The SO, who drove an F150 when we met years ago, likes the truck experience, albeit highly refined in the LR4.
FWIW

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want to get rid of those side steps? Just go off roading. Problem solved.:wink:

Sport Supercharged

Reaction score
How LR4 steps have been removed

http://michael1111.blogspot.com/2015/03/removing-lr4-running-boards.html

That link is to a detailed post on how to remove the side steps from a 2015 Land Rover LR4. If you contact Michael, maybe he can advise on which rock sliders he went with.

I understand the need for side impact reinforcement, but LR not giving a rock slider option is a huge oversight, imo. I would never use a side step, and I wouldn't want a pant leg cleaning it...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM