2015 TPMS function

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HKLi

Reaction score
Hi. I bought a 2015 LR4 SCV6 on last month. I checked the daskboard manual and OBD check by workshop. There is no TPMS such function orginal they replied me. I wonder the TPMS shall be the basic feature and user manual also indicate as not a optional.
I want to have this function. I check there is a cable plug spare closed to the plastic mud guard. Can I put the function back.

Thank a lot your advice

HK

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TPMS light only comes on if the tire pressure is low.

The TPMS will not give you a tire pressure readout.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the US, TPMS was standard on all 2015 models according to the brochure - and it does give tire pressure readout. Under the dashboard menu, I think you go into the service submenu, then tire pressure. The tire pressure submenu is only available when the car is in park as I recall (maybe also neutral). I notice you are in HK, so not sure what the situation is with overseas models.

If your TPMS is not working, the sending units inside the tires might not be working or might be missing - they can be replaced. Just make sure you get the right frequency (can’t remember offhand which ones work, but you can find it on these forums someplace).

HKLi

Reaction score
T
In the US, TPMS was standard on all 2015 models according to the brochure - and it does give tire pressure readout. Under the dashboard menu, I think you go into the service submenu, then tire pressure. The tire pressure submenu is only available when the car is in park as I recall (maybe also neutral). I notice you are in HK, so not sure what the situation is with overseas models.

If your TPMS is not working, the sending units inside the tires might not be working or might be missing - they can be replaced. Just make sure you get the right frequency (can’t remember offhand which ones work, but you can find it on these forums someplace).
Thank bro, All the sensor missed as the wheels were replaced with other model after market. I wonder why their is no failt signal due to sensor are missed if the Tpms are factory default function. So.. I am sure.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can disable TPMS in the CCF, which would then ignore sensors even if you installed wheels with them. It's possible whoever installed the aftermarket wheels without sensors has this done. You can re-enable this yourself if you have an appropriate tool (I have the GAP IID Tool), or a service center that specializes in labs River should be able to also. Your genetic service center with genetic obd scanners won't be able to. Hopefully the antenna for the system weren't removed and it's just a matter of updating the CCF.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some of the 18” steel wheels did not have enough room for the original sensors mounted near the rim, which is maybe why they were removed. If you want to remount TPMS on steel wheels and there is not enough room, you can center-mount using steel straps around the inside hub of the wheel.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV