2015 US Base LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the LR bluetooth connection just for telephone then?
Is it possible to play music from a phone or ipad with a cord connection but no inControl option?
I guess I'm asking if the meridian system has an auxiliary input.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my iPhone via Bluetooth to play music off the iTunes app (radio and downloads), I also keep an iPod in the space above the glovebox to play music via usb without InControl.

Unfortunately you can't play music off your iPhone via BT with the iPod plugged into the usb socket (have to unplug usb cable first but that's a whole different story). CarPlay can't get here fast enough!!

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The navigation/touch screen system is fine. The only time I find it slow is when i'm navigating music on a connected ipod.

I have experienced much worse systems in previous vehicles. It's not as good as the BMW iDrive that was in my 2010 135i, but I like it better than the Audi MMI system in my wife's 2014 A4. It's definitely better than VW's system. I had a 2012 VW Golf R and that system was complete ****. We had a 2008 Honda Odyssey that had touch screen navigation and it's better than that as well.

As for audio, the Meridian sound system is the best sounding audio system I've ever had in a car that I've owned.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my iPhone via Bluetooth to play music off the iTunes app (radio and downloads), I also keep an iPod in the space above the glovebox to play music via usb without InControl.

Unfortunately you can't play music off your iPhone via BT with the iPod plugged into the usb socket (have to unplug usb cable first but that's a whole different story). CarPlay can't get here fast enough!!

Are you saying the USB connection active disables BT?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, a hardwired iPhone/iPod will disable Bluetooth audio streaming, so you can't have both going at the same time I'm afraid. When you disconnect the plugged device, the BT audio streaming portion is restored. The Bluetooth hands-free phone profile keeps working regardless of course, it's just the audio / music streaming portion that gets interrupted when you plug an iDevice into the USB port.

Last edited:

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the clear answer.

At this point I can't see any reason to include InControl on my special order vehicle build.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, a hardwired iPhone/iPod will disable Bluetooth audio streaming, so you can't have both going at the same time I'm afraid. When you disconnect the plugged device, the BT audio streaming portion is restored. The Bluetooth hands-free phone profile keeps working regardless of course, it's just the audio / music streaming portion that gets interrupted when you plug an iDevice into the USB port.

But you can play music from your phone through the USB connection, correct?

Fwiw, interrupting Bluetooth audio streaming while plugged in is ridiculous. I have yet to have that issue from a domestic infotainment system. But as long as you can play music via USB that makes up for it.

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a thumb drive for a lot of my car music. I can have my phone linked up at the same time. I don't tend to use the bt music stuff.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be dense, but 1) is the thumb drive plugged into the LR's USB input?
2) are you using an InControl app?
Thnx

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY2013, I dont have incontrol, nor do I want it.

Ya, just plugged in a usb thumb drive in the center console/ice box lid. Works great.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72