2015 US Base LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have one yet? Impressions? Packages? What all can't one order on the Base model? What is in the NAV?

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, going to see El Paso's new LR dealership today.

Does anyone out there have 2015 LR4 Base model yet, or on order? Does this vehicle really exist?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It exists on landroverusa.com... The base LR4 doesn't include navigation, passive entry, rear climate controls or xenons from what I can tell - and it doesn't appear it can be optioned with any of those features from the factory.

aj22

Reaction score
It exists on landroverusa.com... The base LR4 doesn't include navigation, passive entry, rear climate controls or xenons from what I can tell - and it doesn't appear it can be optioned with any of those features from the factory.

Rear climate controls come with the 7-seat option which you can get. Don't know about the rest.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting closer now.
Unavailability of Nav and high-end Meridian on Base model is an issue. On the other hand Consumer Reports says the touch screen is slow with small fonts.
Please comment on the Nav.
Evidently many functions are controlled with the touch screen. Without the screen are there just buttons?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is still a touchscreen in the base model, but no navigation menu in it. Land Rover's hard drive based navigation system is... alright. If you are used to a Garmin or similar portable device, even Google or Waze on your smartphone, you won't miss it. As slow and cumbersome as it is, it's nice to have navigation built into the touchscreen though, no need to fumble with extra devices stuck to your windshield or dash. And despite the lack of frills it will normally take you where you want to go. You may be able to use InControl with a navigation app on your smartphone eventually, however. I see InControl is an option even on based models, and if they come up with a decent navigation app (perhaps they have already, not sure) to interface with your phone, I am sure it will end up being at least as good as the standalone system on HSE and up.

Last edited:

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my 2015 LR4 HSE Lux with the incontrol app. The nav. is ok, if you want to use the incontrol app. it will cost you $850 for the app. The touch screen fonts are large enough and in my opinion, set up the destination before you go and take your time no problem.

Only have about 1k on it and the mileage is about 17 mpg in the city getting close to 20 mpg highway and this is the winter. A couple better than my 2007 LR3 I traded in. My only problem is the doors will not latch the first time, will have to take to dealer to see if they can fix that.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!
Thank you for the real-world info.
Do you use the InControl Option or is it too early to know?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my 2015 LR4 HSE Lux with the incontrol app. The nav. is ok, if you want to use the incontrol app. it will cost you $850 for the app...

Holy crap, $850 to use the App? They present that online as a nice feature but didn't mention it'd cost you a grand to use it!

For the price of these cars, that is something that should just be included as incentive to buy the brand.

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used the music portion and it sounded great. You do have to connect to the incontrol app. USB port in the upper glove box to your phone, not the best idea but it works. Only a few of the apps are free, just thought that maybe they would come out with more as it catches on.

Will stick with the OEM navigation for now no reason to pay for the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72