2015 US Base LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012-13s used to have two USB inputs, one dedicated to iPhones/iPods, one for other devices such as thumb / flash drives (also used to update the satnav and upload waypoints in GPX format.) Land Rover "unified" the two on MY14s, meaning they got cheap and got rid of one dedicated input. On my 2013 as well, leaving a flash drive plugged into the USB port doesn't affect BT audio streaming, it's when you connect an iPod or iPhone in the dedicated "iPod" USB port that BT audio is disabled. :mad:

Last edited:

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014 system sounds great (I did get an extra sub installed though), but switching between BT and USB input sources is such a pita I find myself listening to audio via BT way less than I'd like to.

My daily setup is an iPod stored in the glove box and plugged into USB. Then say I want to stream iRadio or a podcast from my iPhone through bluetooth. At this point I need to unplug my iPod (sort a pain because it's leaning across the car while driving), wait a few seconds for the system to recognize the USB disconnect then the "My music" button will allow me to select Bluetooth and connect (time between iPod disconnect and BT audio sync can take anywhere from 15-30 seconds).

Then if I want to go back to my iPod I have to lean over again and search for that small USB port (another pita) and plug it in (I think this automatically disconnects any BT audio streaming that was ongoing) and I'm good to go for USB music. Easy peasy! lol :)
Oi I'm dying for CarPlay.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72