2020 Defender Design Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am impatiently waiting for the Defender I ordered to arrive. I really love what they've done with this vehicle and after driving it, I knew it had to be our next vehicle. Here's a video I found of the design team walking through the design process.

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally waded through that very long episode. Clearly a ton of very considered thought has gone into this vehicle. I think it's such a stark contrast to the Ineos launch video - both perfectly articulate the design ethos - and both are serving completely different segments. Grenadier is serving the ******** 4WD market and Land Rover is building on what they've done in the last 10 years by, as they say, balancing the 4 elements of "modernity, relevance, sustainability, desirability". I have a feeling the Ineos team's 4 key elements were "tough, bullet-proof, functional, durable".

LR had design drive engineering. Ineos had engineering lead design.

To each their own. And I can't wait for you to get yours so we can hear all about it!

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After watching the Grenadier videos, I knew I didn't want or need one. I will never need to take a trip across a desolate continent. I do need a vehicle that is mainly an on-road vehicle with capability to drive through unplowed snowy roads in winter and soft beach sand in the summer.

Our Honda Passport can easily do this, but without an air suspension it can't carry heavy boxes which my job requires. And the Defender qualifies for the section 179 tax break.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great review, I'll order one next spring after I take my LR4 through one more ski season.
And this line probably applies to people on the LR4 forum:

"I’m willing to bet that even the ******** haters will come around to the new Defender sooner or later; it’s just too good to dismiss forever."

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Impressive towing, not impressed with the gas mileage LOL

binch

Reaction score
Great review, I'll order one next spring after I take my LR4 through one more ski season.
And this line probably applies to people on the LR4 forum:

"I’m willing to bet that even the ******** haters will come around to the new Defender sooner or later; it’s just too good to dismiss forever."

No, I doubt I will. The price to purchase and the costs to repair it will be outrageous. If I want light duty 4wd without taking it offroad.....it would probably do the trick. But then so would the Evoque or one of the discos. Have you priced out the winch package for the new "defender"???? $10K!!!!
My bumper, winch box, winch and Plasma rope cost me less then $2000. Nope....once the disco 11 is gone (it's at 398K km now). The RRC with the 300tdi will become the family driver. And the 110 with the 200tdi will be the second vehicle.

But I'm sure the new "defender" will look just fine with all the other Chealsey tractors LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut