1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Defender Drive Impressions.

Discussion in 'Defender L663 (2020 - Present)' started by Forty Deuce, Jan 23, 2020.

1. xrp86

xrp86 Active Member

You feel the new defender faster more powerful than the LR4? I also have a 2010 5.0 and was looking into the D2. I don’t want to drop $$$$ for a decked out model. I want steelies too!

2. Perseus

Perseus Full Access Member

After 10 days and 1400 miles on my new Defender/P300 with 18" white steelies, I can honestly say that I'm extremely satisfied with both on-road and off-road performance. I have extensive experience with other Land Rovers, D1, DII, LR3, LR4, and a few Range Rovers. On-road, performance, ergonomics, seat comfort, technology, vision, all superior to the LR3/4.4 and LR4/SCV6 with 275/65R18. Off-road, my new Defender with the rear active locking diff had very little wheel spin navigating steep rutted and loose rocky trails and this was with the GY all terrain factory tires at 35 psi.

DonMitsu and Troy Angrignon like this.
  3. PaulLR3

PaulLR3 Full Access Member

Having test driven a P400 for over an hour on all types of roads, my answer is yes. It does not sound like my LR4 in terms of V8 growl but it certainly moves faster and is more agile.

Troy Angrignon likes this.