1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Defender Drive Impressions.

Discussion in 'Defender' started by Forty Deuce, Jan 23, 2020.

1. bbyer

bbyer Full Access Member

I have the feeling that the Defender is generally smaller inside than the 3/4.

I know at the back, there is less length, but how does it feel side to side in the front seats - less width than the 3/4 or wider feeling?

The Park setting being not at the top of the shifter will prove to be a real problem but I suppose changing it would be admitting to error.

I recall when automatic transmissions were first introduced. The big 3 all had different ways of shifting and different patterns. We seem to be getting that way again.

To resolve the confusion, the DOT made a rule standardizing the shift order - sounds like they will have to dust it off again.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  2. navigare

navigare Full Access Member

What I marvel at is the maximum clearance of the new Def. I believe I’vre read 11.5 inches somewhere, is that righ? That would mean just below 30 cm. Our LR4s have 31 cm OEM, and with Mudtech’s Anitas system (which I DON’T recommend for now, waiting for a replacement unit) or an IID Tool, you can another 7.5 cm or 3 in to that. Can the new Def compete?