2021 Discovery Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatthewN

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I just turned in my 2020 Discovery Sport, with the plan of ordering a 2021 Discovery. Current stock in the Northeast USA is pretty sparce and my dealer is reluctant to go outside their stock. I originally was told by the dealer that it would be 3 months, but with COVID and reduced manufacturing staff, it could be 4 months. I spoke with someone who just ordered a new Defender and apparently the backlog is 9+ months. Could all just be rumors....

I am still waiting on approval by LR USA for a build slot, and it's been in limbo for a week.

Any similar experiences?

Matt

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my 2021 Defender in September 2020 and received it in early February. 2022 Defender orders started on March 1st and I'm told they will be on to 2022 orders by the end of the summer.

I would think that Discovery 5 order time is shorter. Although, the D5 and Defender are both assembled in the Slovakia plant. FWIW, Defender build quality (paint, panel gaps, fit & finish) are excellent and better than my LR4 that was assembled in England.

Plus the 2021 D5 gets the new I6 engine, redesigned front, Pivi Pro which is really fast, more AC vents, better seats and a shift lever. All nice upgrades to the D5.

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...my dealer is reluctant to go outside their stock. ...I am still waiting on approval by LR USA for a build slot...

Your dealer is "reluctant"? and you're "waiting on approval"??? Your dealer has obviously sized you up as being a weak customer that he can **** around. Don't expect this dealer to go out of his way to make you happy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA