245/75-16s Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Since I'm not in the mood to spend over $1000 on gears, I've decided to get 245/75s. I think they will be fine with stock gears.

Anyway, I'm planning on running a 1" Spacer lift and the rubber D2 isolators that give about .35" or so.

Will this be enough? Can I get OME shocks to fit this application?

Thanks!

Justin

C

Cozmo

245/75-16: popular size for OME suspension lifted vehicles. require slight trimming on the rear wheel well fender, and may also call for adjustment on the steering bumpstops Just cut and pasted this from another Land Rover boards tech section hope it helps.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Yea, I read that. But I don't take a whole lot to heart from things that are posted on DWeb.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Justin, on my '97 D1 I have a 2" lift with 245/75-16 tires I have yet to trim the fenders...I get some rubbing (yes I have done some offroading) I did have to adjust the bump stops, but not much. I plan to do some cutting soon though...looking at some bigger tires just for offroad use only

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i got me Disco it had 245x75 on it. With no trimming or rubbing of any sort. It wasnt exactly lifted either (springs did look like its cheap bastard lift, but i am not sure).

D

discomike

Justin,
Make sure when you install the isolators use 2, one top one bottom. This gave me just under 1' of lift for $28.00 aside.
You won't have any shock problem with this combination.
Take care,
Mike J.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip mike, but my shocks are about to give up the ghost as well so I figure if I get 1" spacers and the isolators that will yeild almost 2" and I should get some new shocks

Justin

D

discomike

I agree, I was just thinking that you won't need to get anything special just because of the lift.
When is a good time to call you??
MIke J.

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock LR springs? I wouldn't. OME X-tra HD will clear most 245/75/16. mine only rubs the rear of the left rear wheel in extreme cases. Isolaters are good and change your shocks while your there. If you have roto-flex coupling prepare to change drive shaft next month.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99