3 Amigos Quest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeMazzio

Reaction score
All right, I have the 3 amigos lights on my dash. I've read that this is somehow related to squeeky brakes. My brakes are new and the right front does squeek. Does anyone have a line on this?

Joe

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on if you 3 amigos came on after you changed the brakes or before... if after, then it could be a dust issue. Try cleaning the brakes and hubs with some brake cleaner...

If just one is making noise, then it could be just that brake is either sticking or needs some lube to keep if for rattling (remember squeeking is cause be the brakes movement against the caliper.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squeaking brakes is one of the 2 biggest causes of the 3 guys coming on.
What brand of brake pads was installed, was any sound deadening spray used?
Until the squeak is resolved, don't waste your money having the codes read.

JoeMazzio

Reaction score
I'm going to bring my Disco into have teh Brakes look at to make sure that everything is good. I just purchased it about a week ago. Will the lights reset themselves after a certain amount of miles or will I have to have them reset manually? If this is one of 2 reasons the 3 lights come on, may I ask what the other is?

Thank You

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they will not reset them selves, that will cost you around $100 to have the codes read and cleared, after everything is fixed.
Start with the squeaking brakes, if you can't stop the squeak, replace them with a good set of EBC 6000 or 7000 series pads.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635