50,000 warranty help and advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njohnson

Reaction score
Hello fellow RR lovers!

I am just about to hit the 50k mark and am making my list of issues for the dealer to check out before the warranty runs out. I have a couple of things that I have mentioned in the past but...they say it isn't an issue. I want to check with the group before I accept this answer. Forgive me in advance as I am a typical girl when it comes to cars. :)

1) My uneducated guess - Gears slipping in downshift and upshift
When breaking from 50+ MPH at the 20 MPH mark or below I feel what seems to be a jump from one speed to the next. I don't have a specific MPH but an example would be from 20MPH to 15 MPH. It isn't quite that exaggerated but I want to make sure my point is as clear as possible. If I don't come to a complete stop and step on the gas right away, think breaking to a red light and then it turns green, it does the same type of shift on the way up.

2) My uneducated guess - Radiator Fan problems
I have had my radiator fan worked on/replaced, common issue I believe, and it still roars when I turn the engine on. When the original issue surfaced the fan was roaring as I was driving down the road which is not happening now but the volume of the roar is the same. It takes 30 - 50 seconds for the roar to level out.

3) My uneducated guess - I don't have the right accent... :)
I haven't actually brought this to my dealerships attention yet but here it is for your review. When I try to use the voice activated navigation system doesn't recognize my commands...EVER! I used to be able to get the phone to dial but callers could here only every other word, now the phone won't dial. I just get 'Sorry' three times and then finally 'command not recognized'.

Finally - Are there any other things that I should have my dealer check before the 50k warranty runs out?

Hatmandew

Reaction score
My opinion is just get an extended warranty. The dealer will sell on to you and it will be well worth the price if something goes out. In addition, a lot of warranty companys have a deal where you will get a certain % back if you dont need to use the warranty. As it stands right now, the dealer wont fix something under warranty unless it is broken. So again, your best bet is a warranty.

bkreitz

Reaction score
I purchased an Easy Care Gold warranty from Land Rover Denver East (Fin Mgr-DeAnn Sharp). Have had good experience working with Easy Care for repairs. Spent the extra cash to get the $100 deductible and am glad I did. Easy Care Gold Warranty Cost less than the LR Certified Warranty. Would purchase an Easy Care Gold Contract again for sure but, would not want to own a Rover out of warranty. $$$

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99