60k Service Costs/worth??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soo i probably shouldnt tell them i take it offroad alot and drive on like the bumpiest road to and from work everyday.....

Trynian

Reaction score
soo i probably shouldnt tell them i take it offroad alot and drive on like the bumpiest road to and from work everyday.....

I wouldn't, in my case they used the scuffs and dings on my control arms as reason not to cover it.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't, in my case they used the scuffs and dings on my control arms as reason not to cover it.

so i guess you had to get them replaced then? how much (ballpark) did it run you?

Trynian

Reaction score
so i guess you had to get them replaced then? how much (ballpark) did it run you?

I eventually found a dealer out of my area that took care of it. If paying for it have the entire arm replaced it costs less and the arm comes with the bushings and bal joints in place. Much less labor.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drzjoint, I think you were looking at the KM and not the M section... the 60k "M" for miles has a long list of checks and services...

btw im having some suspension clunking/rattle when going over rough roads... maybe bushings or sway bar loose? any ideas?

ill be taking the truck in for service this Thursday for that issue and also 60k service... ill be sure to get a full rundown and post costs/service.

no I was looking at the right one. It is alot of inspections but no fluid flushes.

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best thing you could do for your Rover and you is do it yourself so you have a better idea about what makes your truck tick, we can walk you thru this.
1 Oil filter, K&N 3001 or Mobil 1- 301

Disco Mike, I've seen you recommend this K&N filter but according to the K&N site this filter is for a Ford 4.0l v6, some Audi's and VW's. No list of LR at all.

K&N HP-1014 is listed as compatible with an 05 LR3 with 4.4 V8.

Is there something special that I don't know that would make you recommend the 3001 over what K&N recommends for our vehicle?

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For V8 4.4 engine , the K&N 1014 is a perfect match.I use it all the time in my car.Nothing else from this manufacturer will fit an LR3.

PhilSessions

Reaction score
Going in Wed. for the 60k mile service. My Dealer in Dayton, OH wants 525.00. In Cincinnati they want 800.00 and in Columbus its 625?????? Since they are all using the same Service List why the price difference? Anyway, I still have some front-end issues after replacing the left tie-rods, 3 ball joints, hub and bearing, front A shaft, and a knuckle. $1200 in parts and $500 in labor. Took a tech for a ride this morning and he said the bumpstops need to be lubed! ***. I've done the "go slow and tap the break" test and yes it still has a loud pop, and when going over a speed bump or *** hole the front end pops loudly. Any suggestions guys? I would change the recommended fluids myself but since all the checks of the 60k service, I decided to let them do it. Manager said it was part of the deal anyway. What else might it be? Thanks

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disco Mike, I've seen you recommend this K&N filter but according to the K&N site this filter is for a Ford 4.0l v6, some Audi's and VW's. No list of LR at all.

K&N HP-1014 is listed as compatible with an 05 LR3 with 4.4 V8.

Is there something special that I don't know that would make you recommend the 3001 over what K&N recommends for our vehicle?

K&N 3001 is for the discovery 2.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going in Wed. for the 60k mile service. My Dealer in Dayton, OH wants 525.00. In Cincinnati they want 800.00 and in Columbus its 625?????? Since they are all using the same Service List why the price difference? Anyway, I still have some front-end issues after replacing the left tie-rods, 3 ball joints, hub and bearing, front A shaft, and a knuckle. $1200 in parts and $500 in labor. Took a tech for a ride this morning and he said the bumpstops need to be lubed! ***. I've done the "go slow and tap the break" test and yes it still has a loud pop, and when going over a speed bump or *** hole the front end pops loudly. Any suggestions guys? I would change the recommended fluids myself but since all the checks of the 60k service, I decided to let them do it. Manager said it was part of the deal anyway. What else might it be? Thanks
Regarding the front end noise, did they check the arm bushings? Those are often in need of replacement in the range of your current mileage.

Regarding scheduled maintenance cost, my 60k service was $675 for the scheduled items. That was over 3 years ago, and conveniently listed earlier in this very same thread :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99